Sunday, June 15, 2008

Itsa me, Natalie!


Helloooo dearies! I'm Natalie, I'm married to Nick and we live in Brisbane, Australia. I'm a graphic artist who has worked for the last five years in marketing, so by nature I'm very curious about all this internet marketing business. I have been using the internet since 1995 when I was at high school, so I'm pretty savvy!

At the end of last year I quit my job where I was an in-house designer for a marketing company. I felt like I wasn't living my life being honest with myself, and my health had suffered greatly through stress and by sustaining a wrist injury. The RSI I sustained still affects me and it is something I guess I'll have to battle in the long-term because all the tools I use contribute towards it. This year I have tried to work without so much stress as a freelance graphic artist, but as many freelancers will probably tell you - it isn't easy.

Where you can find me:

What I seek to learn:

I hope to learn a bit about how to market myself as an artist through the Thirty Day Challenge. Ideally, I'd love to do this without resorting to link or tweet-spamming people because I feel that it breeds resentment - certainly, I hate it when people spam me over and over on social media sites!

I think it's really important to find something you love - your passion I guess - and live a fulfilled life. Earlier this year I said that I wanted to be a fulfillionaire - not a millionaire. I hope 2008 is the year I start being able to live a life where I can earn money from being a creative person. From the moment I started telling my parents I wanted to be an artist, I was told that it was almost impossible to make a living from it. I went to uni and studied art and teaching, because at least then I'd have a back up - but I absolutely resented it, and decided to be a graphic designer! People still tell me it is almost impossible to be a creative person who derives most of their income from being creative, but I at least want to give it a damn decent try.

I hope Nick and Becki write their intro posts up soon, because otherwise I feel like I'm filling up this blog with stuff about me!

No comments: