Monday, June 16, 2008

Thoughts on what the TDC will bring to me

I've been thinking over the last day or so on what I hope the Thirty Day Challenge will bring to me. I'm not sure exactly what to expect yet, but I am looking forward to finding out more about the challenge as it moves along.

One thing I'm hoping to achieve is some knowledge of internet marketing. In the long term I hope to have businesses generating money for me with very little input required - automation as Tim Ferris would call it. I can have virtual assistants covering tasks for me while I enjoy the fruits of my smart work.

I expect that to get there will take time, effort, a little risk and some smarts. I can't come into this being cocky and expecting success. Success will take time and to get to the point of not having to work a regular job will be tough enough. To them take the next step and move away from the day to day running of my business(es) is something I have to think of as long term.

I'm not suggesting for a second that I'd never have to do a moment's work in my life. I just want to choose what I do, when I do it and do it because I want to, not because I have to do it to cover the mortgage repayment.

The Thirty Day Challenge is a step on that road to financial independence. To make $10 a week is my initial goal outside of the challenge. Then $10 a day.

It's important to know where you want to be, so you can plan on how to get there. I'm in this for the long haul and expect it will take time. I also have all the time in the world and nothing to lose.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: