Sunday, June 15, 2008

So, just who is Nick?

Hi! I'm Nicholas, or Nick to most people. I'm not real picky about it. I'm sure if you've read this blog so far that you're aware that I'm taking part in this year's Thirty Day Challenge. Natalie has taken the lead so it is now my turn to tell you a bit about myself and what I hope to achieve through the challenge.

About the man

I'm a twenty-something married man from Brisbane, Australia. I tend to be a bit geeky but work in finance within the public sector. It's certainly not where I had seen myself heading ten years ago, as since I was a wee little boy I was always into computers and thought that would be the natural progression. So how did I get to where I am today? I've basically fallen into one job after another. I've liked them, but they aren't a passion. I like my jobs but I've never loved them.

Outside of my career I have a few interests. One love is music and singing, neither of wish I take the time to enjoy as much as I should. I enjoy programming all kinds of things and tinkering with the internals of computer software and hardware. The one major goal I have for myself is to become a pilot, which I figure will take me a few more years yet. However I will get there in time.

Why the challenge?

There are plenty of other things I could be doing with my time instead of taking on the Thirty Day Challenge. So why am I even attempting this?

  • The idea of having passive income, that is income where I don't have to physically work day in day out, a dream I've had for a long time now.
  • The possiblities available to all of us on the internet are infinite. To learn some tools and techniques to harness this power is valuable for both right now and the future.
  • The fact that someone is willing to offer training in internet marketing for free is very appealing, to be honest.
  • If I can make this happen, I can make anything happen.
It could be that the Thirty Day Challenge doesn't work out for me, but if you don't try something you always fail at it. So it will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Where to from here

So the next steps are to take part in the preseason. Only one and a half months until the challenge starts so between now and then it's important to bed down the tools to be used. Over the next week I'll bring you more insights from preseason 2008 and hopefully you'll join in the challenge too if you already haven't.

Until next time,
Nick

No comments: